Don’t be a jerk
We want you to feel free to post as you wish here on Guide to St Lucia. We don’t know you, but we know how we expect people to behave when they visit.
So be kind, be considerate and DO NOT do anything you would not want someone else to do to you.
With that being said, we reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as needed to keep the comment threads on GTS civil and substantive.
The No. 1 rule in the house is - Don’t be a jerk.
Here’s what we like to see in comments:
- Provide honest stories, opinions, or feedback, provide informed ideas that contribute further to the story.
- Provide useful information, or constructive criticism.
- Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, and humor we know you possess.
- Don’t feed the trolls. If you don't know don't get involved. Don't just pipe in for no good reason. Downvote and flag comments instead.
Although we can’t be everywhere at once, here are some of the kinds of comments we’re going to do our best to curtail:
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog. We would like to help you with that provided you are based in St Lucia, but not in the comments section - contact us and we will see how we can help you out!
- Impersonating authors or other commenters. Just don’t do that. WTF.
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the article. Be sure to read the posts properly, don't just dive in without being informed.
- Comments that are completely out of left field. Sometimes discussions veer off a bit, but are still related to the original subject. That is fine. Don't hijacking the conversation to promote off-topic commentary.
- Threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters. We know you are passionate, but we want you to be level headed and don't say something you will later regret.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, you get the drift. We are open to all, a safe place to express your views - mess with this one and we will delete your crap or BAN you outright.
- Trolling. "make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them." - if you are not contributing meaningfully to the conversation, don't partake.